What stories will I tell in years to come,
will they be filled with happiness,
or will dark clouds be overhead,


What stories will I reflect on,
when the grays have filled the scalp,
and wisdom should be formed,


What stories will my children have,
would I have been a good father,
or will they tell tales of misery,


What stories will I have if sickness intervenes,
will sorrow cover me like a sheet,
will madness seep into my veins,


What stories will I tell when I go to sleep tonight,
will they be stories of bliss,
or will I long to be kissed,


What stories will I tell if I surrender to God,
I would write my name in his book of life,
forgetting the past sins,
accepting his mercy graciously,
and be added by him to his church,


What stories shall I declare,
when words are lost in arid days,
will my actions declare his glory,
or will I be thirsting for his spiritual spring,


What stories shall I tell now,
I shall tell of how he saved me,
when the world had consumed my soul,
and how my life has been transformed...


Dayne-Christopher