Its been a while since I wrote anything on the markets. 2011 promises to be a great year for stock buys and sells. So far the markets have been riding high. The DOW Jones Industrial Average has raised higher more than 1124 points since August 2010. The TSX Composite has also soared over the last 6 months. Added to this is the fact that employment figures have also been rising. Canada for example has been having record employment levels even with the recession still hovering. This is just one indicators of a country's economic growth, but is considered a major indicator of growth and prosperity.


With the demand for food worldwide, investors should also be focusing on stocks which are fertilized based. Meaning Companies that manufacture and process fertilizers. One stock which I am currently observing is AAA Potash, which is one of the major suppliers of fertilizers. I would recommend a buy to all my friends. This is a penny stock with a huge potential.


Another great buy is CUU, which as you know is one of the stocks in my portfolio, and yes its still a buy. It was been floating around $0.89- $1.09 lately, but offers good buys and sells. Citibank has been on my checklist for a while as well, and has been rising consistently over the last 2 years. Its no longer a penny stock, but the price is still low, around $4.98, with the potential for enormous growth.


In the coming weeks I will look at some other stocks, but for now these are my best picks. As you know, I like to keep my portfolio small, because if you buy/sells too many stocks, you can suffer tremendous loss, especially if you are not monitoring your stocks daily.


My disclaimer: I am not a licensed advisor, and comments above are just based on my opinion and experience in the markets.