Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. James 1:17


If only man was like God, but unfortunately we are not. God never changes, but man changes like the weather, from lukewarm to searing like the sun. If only we could be the master of change, to focus only on the things of righteousness. This has been my struggle for years, to focus on the righteousness of God, and not be tossed and turned like a wave.


Over the last 7 years, I have been battling with change, seeking to find myself and to learn the perfect will of Almighty God. The passage above declares that God doesn't change, so what am I doing wrong? Why have I changed so much? From my watery rebirth I have been changed, but even with this great gift, sin often follows me.


It's amazing how God sacrificed so much for me and so easily I change in a heartbeat. If only I could live each day committed to live eternally for God, oh what a day that would be. With this in mind, I am convinced that if I work hard enough that I can change with righteousness leading me daily. I have challenged myself today to change for righteousness, to live my life with God.


"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Number 23:19. If I choose today to do the things that God requires I can be like him. But if I choose the idea that I will sin, because all have sinned, then  I have surrendered to sin and I am guided by evil.


I have come to understand that if those around you are not of God, then your own faith will be reduced to daily sin and therefore change will be impossible. I understand now that I have to not only change the things I do, but change those around me that block my prayers to God.


We all can change, but if God is not a part of our change, then we have lost the battle even before the war starts. I can't wait another moment, because life on earth is fickle, today is the only moment we know. I choose change today.