I lie awake, I have become like a lonely bird on a housetop. Psalm 102:8


Have you ever been in crowded room and felt alone? Have you ever been in a conversation and your mind felt alone? If you have ever felt this way before, then you have walked an hour in my shoes. Years ago this is how I would feel. There was a time when I felt that I would be best living on an Island all alone. You see the troubles of this world filled my head, and I couldn't stand the noise anymore.


What noise you may ask? The noise of people, telling you this and telling you that. People correcting you at every corner of a conversation. The constant culture of do it this way and do it that way.


I understood how Christ felt when he was alone in Gethsemane. Even though he asked his disciplines to keep him company, he was alone. I understood how Job felt when his friends deserted him, when he needed their comfort the most.


This is often the journey I walk for righteousness. Its a lonely road when you stand up for righteousness, even your brothers and sisters leave you alone. The bible demands that we will have to give us mother/father, brother/sister for Christ sake. Jesus states in Matthew 12:50, "for whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother." God is no respecter of people.


At times I stare at the sky, my thoughts tangled in the clouds. In prayer I ask God why is it so lonely when you do what's right?


The truth be told, when you decide to follow God, the devil is angry. He doesn't want to lose another slave to God. Its as if he drives the other slaves to taunt and mock you. Even persons you never expect come at you with vicious words. In those times I call on God for wisdom and courage to face those dreary moments.


Its not easy when God is in each breath, you are alienated and subject to ridicule. But you must stand strong in faith, not falling to the sorrow of this world. Its better to be lonely than far from God.