It was nine years ago that my life changed. It was a feeling I can't really comprehend, a moment that I could never predict. The morning of my change seemed just as any other, but suddenly I realized the path I should take. No longer would I conform to the norms of the world. No longer would I be the slave of another.


It was not easy to reach that point. From the time I decided to walk that road towards change, I had to become someone different. I had to give up the things that once seemed pleasurable. I had to give up the beliefs of others and chart a course towards being me.


The day that my heart was pricked to change direction was not easy. There were many questions, many doubts that knocked on my door. At nights I would tremble in bed, wondering how this had happened. I would wake in the morning looking for a sign. During the days I would be distracted by my new path, spending hours reading.


In the evenings my time would be spent in study, trying to learn more, appreciating how much I had missed by years in darkness. It still wasn't easy letting go of the past, denying the things I had been taught or heard about. As the months rolled on I could feel a change, a shift in my thoughts. I was feeling alive, not dead as before.


I reflected at the times when my life did not seem worthy, when dark thoughts would form. When I considered everything, I knew that the life that I had lived was empty and worthless. I spent many times thinking about death, wondering where I would be at that time.


As I woke that faithful day and dragged my clothes on, I realized that I could not waste anymore time. I realized that today I would have to surrender all to God. That was the day that I accepted God in my life. That was the day when I acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Son of God. That was the day that I repented. That was the day that I entered the watery grave, baptized and raised anew. That was truly the day that my life changed. That was my morning of change.


Now everyday that God wakes me I reflect on that day. That day will go down as the best day ever in my life, nothing will ever compare to that day for me. Each day I renew my love for God, I love God without thinking, I love God because no matter what he first loved me.