My eyes are weary,
Limbs are weak,
But I cannot sleep,
I have to work or else I shall not eat,
Though years have passed,
I toil along hoping for relief,
I know that God sees my worth,
Even when others have their doubts,
I shall not fail,
I shall not beg,
Because he carries me on,
And when the sorrows grow within,
I fall unto my knees,
One day I know that he will take me home,
To a place where I will mourn no more,
Each day I journey on,
Looking to the heavens,
Though friends and family care for me,
At times I burrow in,
Within my mind where happiness shines,
It’s in that place I rest my fears,
Where no one can cause strain,
I’ve learnt a long time ago,
To tread carefully in this life,
Through years of regret I build my path,
Taking gentle steps each day,
And when my time is over,
I hope that my memories won’t be forgotten,
So I work my body to the last,
To serve my purpose before God,
A man committed to serving others,
A man who lives only for God….

Dayne-Christopher