I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 1 John 2:21

You have heard it said by many that 'the truth hurts', but I tell you that without the truth, lies will destroy the soul. As the inspired word above reveals, 'no lie is of the truth'. 

Its funny how the mind works, your conscience tells you that the truth is best, but something from dark quarters intervenes ,changing the words you utter. The devil does not love the truth, because the truth condemns him. 2 Corinthians 13:8, warns that "For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth."

The truth is from God, and a lie is not of God. The word of God is the truth. If the truth be corrupted then our life is a lie. But God has given us the truth to guide our living, to be a light on a hilltop when we are lost and need direction.

I have come to recognize that when I try to hide the truth, I am only delaying the inevitable, there is no winner, only the grief that the devil enjoys. The bible warns us in 1 John 2:4, "the one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;"  If we say we love God we must live by the truth.

These things may sound easy, but in reality its not easy, but God is watching us. If we do not live by his truth, then we are dead inside, given over to unrighteousness.

When you wake today and gaze at the glory of God, like his truth guide you. The world wants Christians to surrender to lies. Yesterday when I was at work, one of my co-workers told me she does not like gospel music, so I said why? She said gospel music irritates her. I said, do you believe in God, she said she believes there is a God, but she does not know which one. I said to her, there is only one God, not many gods. She was shocked, you see the truth is the only way to go, if we hear lies we must stop them in their tracks and so kill the devils plan.

Say this with me, "I am committed to the truth, because God is the truth." There is power in prayer, we must pray for each other that the truth will rule our lives.