"My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word." Psalm 119:28


Recently a close friend of mine opened my eyes to my issue of slouching. At my height of 6'1", I have grown into this nasty habit of bending my neck to be on the height of persons shorter than me. And to go even further I have started slouching in chairs and anywhere I sit in general.


But I have discovered after many a complaint from friends and family that I have a problem. You see slouching makes your spine bend, and eventually if not fixed you will develop long term back problems in the older years.


But is this problem only physical or is this a reflection of my soul? After talking to my friend I discovered that there may be issues going on that causes me to slouch. A possibility being that I am suffering from grief untreated. As the psalmist warns, "my soul weeps because of grief". My soul has been weeping lately, with sorrows untreated. I have always considered myself as being strong in mind, but I am learning that my shoulders aren't as broad as they used to be because of my slouching and doubting.


It's common that when man walks wide of God that his soul griefs and that has become my reality. I have stopped allowing God to lead me, instead I rely on the emotions of this world. The sorrow I feel was only created because I have compromised on my beliefs, trying to find relief in  the words of man.


Today I starting holding my shoulders high, leaving the future in God's hands. When sorrow approaches I will not bend my neck like a giraffe, but I will lift it to the heaven from whence cometh my strength. My God is able, and I feel a change coming inside me.