"The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding."Proverbs 4:7


Over the years I have come to realize that I lack wisdom in a lot of the things I do. You see I have failed to learn from my numerous mistakes along life's journey. When I speak of wisdom, I am referring to the wisdom from God. Let's see how James 3:17 describes this wisdom, "but the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy." 


When I examine my life carefully I now recognize that the wisdom I should have is lacking indeed when compared to what God requires. Am I pure in heart? Am I gentle? Am I reasonable? Am I full of mercy and good fruits? Am I unwavering? And without hypocrisy? Certainly not. I may be doing well in some areas, but am I doing well in all these areas.


It seems that due to my lack of wisdom I fall short in so many ways. I need to change my relationship with others and with God. My heart needs to be pure and not covered by shadows of sorrow. The things I do need to reflect this attitude. When I interact with others I need to season my words with salt. My tone and body language often do not reflect the way a Christian should respond. Though I try to maintain my composure in a lot of situations, I often loose my cool when frustration mounts.


Its funny that I often criticize people about hypocrisy, but I fall into that trap a lot of times. The fact is, before I make judgement I need to check myself first. Wisdom has thought me to change my outlook on hypocrisy. God expects me to not be a hypocrite.


As my gray hairs increase and I grasp for wisdom, I need to aspire to reach the wisdom that God expects of me. My whole perspective on my life needs to be shifted to a place of understanding the will of God in my life. My walk with God has to be focused on letting go of the past and reaching forward to his purpose.