Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Psalm 46:2


Over the years I have sought to be what other thought I should be. At one point I felt as though I was a slave to mankind. I would sit before the mirror and wonder who I am and what is my purpose. It has not been easy to 'change', to step away from the expectations of everyone and to become and be my true potential.


I can remember being involved in companies and in the midst of friends because I wanted to please someone. Never did I say to myself, what do you want Dayne?


It is never easy to change who you are. Once you get trapped into doing what others expect, you are sucked into their thinking and their life. The day when I found Jesus Christ signified a new day in my life. People around me would always ridicule me and say, 'why are you going to church? why are you going to that church? why? why? why?


The beauty of my change towards pleasing God was one of the best steps I ever made in my life. You see when I discovered Christ and the Holy Spirit, the thoughts and things of man became secondary to me. I have always had a high esteem in my myself, but God taught me that to love others I would be a better person. I learnt that there is more to life that pleasing man. I discovered that when God shifts your mind, he shifts your heart.


I realized from his word that I would have to transform my heart and mind. Let us look at what Romans 12:2 has to say, "and do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." When I changed from evil to good, I had to change my whole way of thinking. I recognized that I had to give up the thinking of my family and friends, and focus on pleasing God in all things.


At times I was criticized because of my change of heart. Friends and family would say to me that I am a fanatic because I didn't share their views, but even though it hurt real bad to hear their words, I stuck it out with God holding me up. Things have not been easy since I changed my ways, the world has not changed. I am constantly bombarded by negatives when I seek to lead a righteous life. Whoever said that being a Christian was easy, has never walked a day in my shoes. Now I am not talking about those who only talk the talk, but I am talking to those who actually walk it.


But do not be afraid to change what you are doing and who you are now. A walk with God is a walk into eternity. Without God eternity will never be in view. But bear in mind that it will not be easy, but he will hold your hand daily.