And I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.Ecclesiastes 2:13


A friend of mine joked today about things in their life going from bad to "worserer". It seems that in our lives we go through different stages. At one point we are in bliss then another time we are covered in disappointment. It's in these low times that we have to maintain our faith and to forget what the dark one fills our minds with.


A song we normally sing at church is 'God has not promised'. Here are a few lines from the song:


 God has not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives thro’;
God has not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

This song describes the human experience throughout this life. One thing that is sure is that in all things God is with us. Our faith is always being tested and we have to be strong when the hard times come. Some of us go through more sorrow than others as the devil is constantly trying to infiltrate our relationship with God.

I have learnt over time that the more the devil tries to bring me down, the more God lifts me up. Sometimes sadness bears me down, but that is when I fall on my knees in prayer to God. He is always listening to my cry, even when others turn their back on me.

I am encouraged by his words to trust in him in all things, not some things, all things. Philippians 3:41 encourages us this way, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." The bible is absolute when it says 'all things'.

When we wake tomorrow, let us put on a smile even though things in our lives are not what we want them to be. The dark clouds won't always be with us, because God will lighten our steps.