[To the most special Mom in the universe]

Mother,
You represent love and caring,
Your words have often comforted me in sorrow,
You have been there when I was sick,
You have lifted me up when I fell down,

Mother,
I love you more than treasures of mankind,
You taught me the virtues of life,
You always instilled honesty in my heart,
When my eyes fell to the ground
You taught me to hold them to the sky,

Mother,
Every day I sing your praises,
Your name always falls off my lip,
When I see the wrongs of this world,
Your values gave me strength,
When the coldness of strangers surrounded me,

Mother,
You are a beautiful gift of God,
He took time to mold you in the precious gem you are,
Your sacrifice for me I could never repay,
Like Jesus on the cross,
You carried my burdens daily,
Taking each step with courage,
Beating away the sad words of the world,

Mother,
I’m glad you chose to love me,
Even when I made your heart ache,
Even when we disagreed,
You would always end our days in joy,
You would always care,

Mother,
I pray that God will continue to bless you richly,
And that you will seek his path,
Because you are truly a blessing,
A breath of fresh air,
In these doldrum days,
I miss you so much Mommy,
I love you dearly,

Happy Mother’s Day……

Dayne-Christopher