As I age,
let me never forget my Saviour,
without him I wouldn't understand love and sacrifice,
without him I would still be lost and clinging to this world,
let me never forget to thank my parents,
without them I wouldn't know earthly matters,
I wouldn't even know the concept of God,
if they didn't seek to expose me to his word,
if they didn't kneel at night to teach me how to pray,
I'd still be partying like it was 1973,

As I age,
may I take each day with a smile,
not holding on to the sad moments,
not harboring any ill feeling for anyone,
let me be thankful first for each moment,
life could have been worse,
relationships could have left me depressed,

As I age,
let me always be grateful to God,

without his word,
I'd still be believing the words of men,
instead of studying for myself,
I'd still be believing that I could touch a radio and be saved,
or I could read a booklet and I would be added to the Lord's church,
thank God I went down into the watery grave,
a symbol of Christ burial for my sake,
and I rose a new creature,

As I age,
may my knowledge never go to waste,
may I never cease to help others,
may I never cease to show love for all,
may God grant me wisdom,
may he lead my life,
Amen.