A Justice of the Peace, Keith Bardwell in Louisiana has refused to marry a interracial couple claiming that, "he was concerned for the children who might be born of the relationship and that, in his experience, most interracial marriages don't last."


The couple, Beth Humphrey and Terence McKay were told by the JP that he does not marry interracial couples. The JP said that he has married black couples before, but does not support interracial couples. Is this civilized America? Are we back in the dark ages of racism? Now don't get me wrong, I never for a second thought that racism was gone. Even with a black president we see the attacks he has been getting from those racist groups. This is truly very shocking to me though. These people are truly amazing.


Well the good news is that the couple is working with the NAACP and an attorney in getting this JP removed from his public position. This man seem to have forgotten that a JP is a public office and not his own household affair.


My my my..I am still in a state of shock. This was the case in parts of Canada for a while also, so all those who believe that Canada was any different, please wake up now...