For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. 2 Corinthians 13:8
There are many people out there professing that they know the truth. Many characters in a plot pretending to be followers of God. Recently I was reading some feeds on Facebook about the attack on alleged homosexuals at the University of Technology. Some were contending that the brutality handed out to one of the men was justified based on the bible. I have never heard such rubbish in my life.

Let me tell you what the truth says about such things. Mark 12:28- teaches this,  "One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." God's Word says we must Love each other. Love does not teach us to harm our friends and enemies. So how could a barbaric attack of a life be justified. Certainly not by God, maybe by man's weak mind. We cannot do anything against the truth.

The Spirit guides us into all truth. The Spirit guided the apostles into ALL truth. In John 16:13, "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." Without the Holy Spirit there would be no truth. Don't be fooled friends, man cannot lead you to the Promised land, only God can do that. When you hear the sweet words from the lips of deceitful men, be very weary, lean not unto man's empty words, but trust in the truth.

When I was growing up, my parents were very religious, teaching me about God. However, the truth came to me many years after. When I finally was able to be put away man's words and to read the truth for myself, my eyes were opened. You see, it is not until we put aside the traditions of our parents and friends that we see the truth. The fact is, when we are growing up, we are guided by our parents and peers. That is not to say that they are wrong, however, when it comes to learning the truth, for some of us, we have to clear all we have be told and read the truth for ourselves. When something does not sound right from persons on the pulpit, we need to be objective and check it for ourselves. If we fail to follow the truth, where are we headed??

If our brother and sisters stumble, James 5:19 reminds us that we must bring them back. But how will have known that they have fallen if we don't know the truth. That will be impossible.

For me, sometimes accepting the truth is hard. God demands perfection from us all, yet daily we act as if we can just do what we want to do. For me, each day is a new day with God. Sin is always around the corner trying to entice me and pull me into darkness. In those low times, our focus must be on God and not self. In my own journey I know I must kill self and embrace the arms of God. God never fails us, His truth is our guide. If you enter darkness without a light you are destined to be lost forever. When the light of the truth is flowing from our spirits, we have the brightness that destroys darkness.