How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Psalm 13:2


Everyday in my life I marvel at how many challenges I face. Over the years challenges seem to follow me like a shadow. At times I have become disappointed and sad, but each day I am learning to change my mindset.


Through my faith in God I have come to recognize that these challenges have made me stronger. When I think about my challenges they are nothing in comparison to what Jesus Christ went through for me. His sacrifice for me has taught me that my challenges are insignificant.


The bibles teaches us in James 1:12, "Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." These trials that we go through in this life builds up our faith. God has promised a crown of life for those who endure to the end.


Oftentimes I thought that because I was a Christian that everyday would be great in my life. Well over the years I have gotten a wake up call. The devil is constantly seeking to destroy the children of God and he does not want us to be happy. Happiness in trials means the devil is sad and will mount even more warfare to get us to fail.


I have come up with a new approach to facing my challenges, here are my ten steps:


  1. Every morning, during and at the end of the day I pray to God for courage.
  2. I have stopped looking at what others do and started focusing on my life.
  3. I focus on loving myself first, and then showering love on others.
  4.  I have blocked out negativity from my thoughts.
  5. I study my bible more and I also listen to recorded sermons at night.
  6. I have enrolled in an online bible study school.
  7. I thank God when I go through challenges as I become stronger.
  8. I spend my time trying to encourage others who are facing the same challenges. There is power in fellowship with others, the bible encourages this. The devil does not like unity of spirit.
  9. I have learnt to see the good and the bad in situations.
  10. I am trying to live a simple life.
God does not give us more than we can bear, and with each challenge he stands with us. We are truly blessed by God and we have to accept this if we are to overcome our challenges.