"but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28


It is very interesting to hear some of our men in the church today. They speak on the pulpit about sexual sins, and lo and behold their closets are full of the acts of the sinful mind. Jesus warned that even the thought that one configures in one's mind is adultery. Now I am by no means stating my innocence from these behaviors, because at times, I too look.


In my own life I have fallen by the wayside of what God expects, but I have recognized my deficiencies and I am working hard to correct them. My issue is persons who I know that God will judge, because we shall all be judged, but persons continue to preach one thing and practice another. I have sat in conversations where brothers accused brothers of adultery, yet in their own lives they are doing the same. This for me is just downright hypocrisy. Jesus warned that, "for all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world" (1 John 2:16)


The world has consumed the church and its people. Sexual sin has broken into the house of God and its frightening. In my own life, I have learnt that you have to be so strong these days. The media and the influence of the wrong people can lead you down a road of sexual sin. The morals of society have broken down to a point where not even a women will respect the fact that a man is married and vice versa. Therefore the rise of sexual sins have reached new levels.


In Canada for example, a lot of people are no longer getting married, they are just living together, the so called common law relationship which is growing rapidly in North America. Sexual sin is alive and well.


The bible is always speaking out against sexual sins, and its time that we all take it more seriously. There is a battle between the spirit and the flesh, and the flesh seems to be winning. I have come to realize that I have to keep fighting it, it can't become a norm and eventually acceptable behavior. I have to remember that whatever I conjure in my mind its the same as if I committed the physical act. Let's all look deep into our hearts today, throwing out those things that block our relationship with God. This is one of my challenges and I am working on it daily. If something is blocking your relationship with God, my humble advice is to get rid of it, I have had to do that myself several times and there is more to throw out...


"Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry." Colossians 3:5