"Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope." Psalm 119:116

Nowadays, the times are often filled with disappointment. It is in these times that one's faith tend to waver and is severely tested. However, it is in these moments that we must draw closer to God in prayer. He will sustain us in the hardest of times, no matter how hard we think it is.

Throughout my short years on this rock, I have faced many disappointments. At times I totally wanted to give up on everything, forgetting that I am not in charge of my destiny. It is when disappointments come that we believe we have the answers. The truth is that God holds the key to our tomorrow and that we are mere mortals. It may sound easy, but it is by no means easy, and anyone who says it is has never really experienced true disappointment.

Disappointment eats away at your soul, it puts doubts in your mind, bringing thoughts that you never knew you had. It opens a portal for the dark one to creep in, pulling you further into the ditch of hopelessness. What a joy that we can call on God in these times. I am often drawn to his words when these disappointments come. I always remember what Job went through, which was more than I could ever bear. Imagine losing everything then being afflicted with sores from head to toe, that was Job's life at one time. In all that affliction though, he never cursed God but glorified his name, trampling the devil underfoot.

That is the type of attitude we should all have, and this is the attitude I am trying so hard to nurture. It's still a work in progress but daily I am learning to deal with my disappointments, by leaving it all in God's hands. The devil is always close by trying to intervene, but I know that God see and knows all, and he will help me through.