Many persons live their lives as though they have control over their destiny. They do whatever it is that pleases them at the moment. They don't even consider God in any of their actions. For them today is just another day, they have no doubt that tomorrow is there for them. They believe that youth will lead to old age, so being young is a time to have fun and to live without restrictions.


The sad reality though is that today is just today. We dare not say that we shall see tomorrow, unless we think we are God. God is the only one that knows our future. It begs to reason that if God is the only one that knows our future, then we should connect to God. But how can we connect to God? We connect to God when we follow his commands. As Christians we have signed a bond between us and God. However, many people today think that by just signing a bond with God that is enough.This bond we signed was sealed with his blood, he had to die on the cross for this bond to be a reality. The sacrifice that was made for us, is the only reason why we have today. It is the only reason that we have hope when we wake in the morning. Can you imagine a day without hope? Can you imagine waking up and not knowing what comes after death?


When I was in the world, I would often feel an emptiness come upon me. Even at times when I would be partying, a shadow of aloneness would cover me. It was as if I was all alone, even though I knew I had my friends and family, it just was not enough. I used to always say to people, "I came from my mother alone and I will go back that way." The truth be told, my heart was being pricked for years before God came into view clearly. The fact is we do come into this world alone, but when God finds us we are no longer alone. We have the hope to live with him forever in heaven.


For that reason, today is always brighter in my eyes. I know that even if my life departs, God is waiting for me , and he will shield me from darkness. Since coming into contact with the blood of Jesus, my life has changed so much. Yes at times I do commit sin, but his words teach me that I can fall on my knees and beg for forgiveness and he will hear me because I am his child. It is a comfort that I wish that everyone could feel today. You would not completely stop thinking about tomorrow, but you would start a journey that would cleanse you from doubt, and allow you to focus on today, and to let God lead your path. He is able and willing to hear our cries, his Son intercedes for us. Our God is truly and awesome God...